Achill is the perfect destination for your school tour. At the Achill Experience your students will have fun while learning about the fish in our waters and being able to touch and feed some of the sea creatures.
All Schools are unique and we can tailor a package to suit your student’s needs which can include our onsite Aquarium, Arts & Craft Workshops, Guided Tour of the Deserted Village, Water Sports, and Lunch in a local restaurant.
Lots to See & Do
We have tanks themed on Achill’s Minaun Cliffs and a Spanish Armada shipwreck off Achill Beg. These tanks are stocked many different species that are natural to the waters along The Wild Atlantic Way. Visit our replica boley house, common to Achill through the 17th & 18th centuries. Children will learn the history of Achill’s deserted village and get to understand what life was like through these times.
Come, Look, Learn
Tar, Féach, Foghlaim
Tour consists of:
- 16 tanks – Made up of salt water, fresh water & tropical fish tanks
- Rare Lobsters
- Interactive Touch Pool & Rock Pool
- Historic Interpretive Centre (Self Guided)
- Optional tour of the Deserted Village can be arranged at a modest additional cost.
- Gift shop
- We can arrange bespoke Outdoor/Water Sports Activities
- Food providers available locally