By purchasing a ticket to The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of your booking as well as how we use customer information and our Covid-19 procedures.
- The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre reserve the right to edit the ticket options and prices at any time before you book. Once the booking has been paid and confirmed, the price will not change unless the customer wishes to amend, refund or cancel their booking (Please find information regarding amendments, refunds and cancellations below).
- All ticket prices are quoted in Euros, please note The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre only accepts this currency.
- Customers can only gain access to The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre buy purchasing tickets or using a valid voucher or family pass (Please find information regarding gift vouchers and family passes below).
- In order to redeem your ticket, please ensure you have your reference number ready for check-in at the entrance of the Aquarium.
- Children aged 2 and under go free into the aquarium. Only children aged 2 years and under are eligible for these tickets. Please note that you may be asked by a member of staff to clarify the age of the child booked in as a 2 and under ticket to ensure the rules associated with the ticket are behind adhered to.
- Children aged 16 and under are eligible for a child ticket. Only children aged 16 and under qualify for these tickets and must be accompanied by an adult during their visit. Please note that you may be asked by a member of staff to clarify the age of the child booked in as a child ticket to ensure the rules associated with the ticket are behind adhered to.
- Persons aged over 16 on entry are classed as an adult ticket and must therefore select the adult ticket option when booking either online or in-house.
- It is the sole responsibility of the ticket bearer to ensure they have checked their booking. If there are any problems with the booking we ask the customer to contact us either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The information provided by the customer during a booking is confidential and will not be passed on. We may use this information privately for statistical purposes to continue to improve and evolve the Achill Experience.
- Achill Experience Vouchers & Family Passes:
Any customer who wishes to book online tickets using an Achill Experience gift voucher must contact us either by phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com). While our online booking system does not currently allow for a ‘Book with Voucher’ option, vouchers are still valid and will be honoured provided the voucher is still in date, has not already been redeemed and by contacting us to manually secure the booking.
- Customers who are in possession of Family Passes and wish to book a visit must contact us either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). While our online booking system does not currently allow for a ‘Book with Family Pass’ option, these passes are still valid and will be honoured provided the voucher has visits left to claim, is being used by the named person on the pass and by contacting us to manually secure the booking.
- Vouchers and Family Passes are still available to purchase by contacting us either by phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com).
Booking Amendments, Refunds & Cancellations:
- Booking Amendments:
If you wish to change the time/date of your booking, you must contact The Achill Experience either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours before your existing booking. Changes to bookings made after this time period will incur a €10 administration charge.
- Cancellation by you:
If you wish to cancel your visit, you must give The Achill Experience at least 48 hours’ notice by contacting us either via phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com). Cancelled bookings in which the customer does not provide 2 days’ notice will not be eligible for a refund or date transfer.
- Cancellation by us:
In the unlikely event The Achill Experience has to cancel your visit for a significant reason beyond our control (e.g. weather warnings, maintenance issue, safety concern etc.) we will always aim to give you as much notice as possible. Should such an unprecedented instance occur, the following options will be offered to you:
o Alternative Booking Slot – The choice to rearrange your visit to another date/time without any amendment fee charge.
o Full refund – The choice to receive a full refund of the amount you paid in your original booking.
- Late for your slot:
If you are running late for your time slot, we ask that you please contact The Achill Experience either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. If you do arrive late while your slot is in progress, you will be allowed entry however you will not be granted any extra time in lieu of the time you missed nor will you be eligible for a refund or date transfer.
- Do not show up for slot:
Failure to arrive for your pre-booked time slot without contacting the Achill Experience prior to your expected arrival will result in no refund or date transfer.
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- In conjunction with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within all in-door public spaces in the Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre.
- With the exception of guide or assistance dogs, strictly no pets are allowed on or in the premises of The Achill Experience.
- The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre reserves the right to remove or refuse entry to anyone who behaves in a manner believed to be unsafe, abusive, disruptive or influenced by a substance. Any persons who have been refused entry or removed for any of the reasons as stated will not be eligible for a refund or date transfer.
- Due to the health and well-being of the Achill Aquarium sea life, photography is only allowed on the condition that no flash will be used.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your visit, we ask that you either make a staff member aware during your visit so we can try and resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible or by contacting us via phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com).
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre has been reduced to Aquarium only on a pre-booked 45 minute slot basis.
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms before your visit, we kindly ask that you postpone your visit and contact us either via phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) where we can assist with your booking.
- If you have had to self-isolate due to travel restriction policies or from being in contact with a positive case of Covid-19 and this has affected your booking, please contact us either via phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com) where we can assist with your booking.
- Tickets to the aquarium must be booked online unless visitors have a voucher or family pass in which case they must contact us prior to their visit either via phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- While we will be accepting customers who wish to book on the day in person, please be aware that time slots do sell out and we cannot guarantee slots for your preferred time.
- We ask that visitors arrive at least 5 minutes before their time slot in order to check in and ensure sanitisation procedures are carried out.
- Visitors must comply with our health and sanitisation procedures in order to gain entry to the building. We also ask that you observe social distancing throughout your visit and encourage our guests to make use of the hand sanitiser dispensers located through the building.
- Masks must be worn by adults and children aged over 13 years. We encourage visitors to bring their own masks however, disposable masks are available to purchase at the front desk.
- When you arrive on site and have parked your car, please make your way to the check-in desk which is located directly inside the gift shop entrance. You will be asked to provide your booking reference number and to sanitise your hands. We will not be providing visitors with facemasks; however, guests are more than welcome to bring their own or you can purchase them from the check-in attendant.
- The check-in attendant will explain how the tour will operate and guests will be asked to wait until they are called in by the aquarium attendant. If for any reason you must return to your vehicle, you will be asked to sanitise again before re-entry.
- When inside the aquarium, you will have 45 minutes to explore. There will be an aquarium attendant inside the aquarium to answer your questions and partially guide you through the aquarium.
- Again, we ask that when you are in the building you observe safe social distancing etiquette with other visitors and our staff members.
- It is extremely important that visitors do not place their hands on any of the tanks in the aquarium. This is to not only protect the customers but also to protect the fish from the chemicals of sanitisation products.
- Your visit to the aquarium will be broken down into a 25 minute partially guided tour and 20 minutes of free time to look around the aquarium on your own. Once the 45 minute time slot has finished, you will be asked to move to the hallway.
- There is no re-entry into the aquarium once your tour has finished and you have moved on to the next stage of your visit.
- There will be an opportunity to see some interesting aquarium pieces in the Steve Molloy Room which remains open however the Documentary Room, Kirkintilloch Room and Robert Henri portraits will not be accessible to visitors at this time.
- There are toilet facilities on site which customers are more than welcome to use. These facilities will be monitored and sanitised frequently throughout the day.
- When visitors have finished in the Steve Molloy Room, they will make their way back to the gift shop where the exit is located.
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms during your visit, we ask that you make a staff member aware where will initiate our Covid-19 procedures to ensure you, your fellow customers and our staff are kept safe.
- By purchasing a ticket to The Achill Experience you have acknowledged you have read and agree to our terms and conditions regarding booking, house rules and Covid-19 procedures.